It’s Saturday! We’re going to keep this rolling. The weekends are very different right now, you know, Saturday is very different, so we decided to switch up the ambience a little bit. Thanks to Eric (https://www.ericlimarenko.com/) for editing and producing this.
Here are the 5 things you need to know for today.
1. Jon Cleary “Quarantini Happy Hour.” What a nice way to kick off a Saturday afternoon. If you’ve never seen Jon Cleary, you should check him out. He’s a classic New Orleans pianist, been around and played with almost everyone. This is a piano lesson and musical event. Check it out! (https://www.facebook.com/events/229847371740934/)
2. Uncle Jesse’s dance party. This is going to be a blast. From 4-7pm ET, you’ll be invited to listen to our good friend Jesse Lauter DJ and put on a virtual dance party via Zoom. You can check the post below for an invite link. Do you want to get down with hundreds of your friends? You should do that. (https://twitter.com/osirispod/status/1243600058399981574)
3. Papa Mali music and storytime. Back to New Orleans for the evening, 8pm ET, the guitarist will be playing songs, taking requests, telling stories and “hopefully, providing a welcome distraction, maybe even a brief sense of normalcy,” donations can be made via the stream. Presented by The Maple Leaf Bar. (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157430763108878&set=a.10150173095933878)
4. Beyond the Pond Sunday Morning Deep Dive. At 11am Sunday, Brian and Dave will be doing a live video deep dive on 7/17/98 set 2. Plus some essential Sunday albums. Get some coffee and hang with Brian and Dave as they explore a Phish show and probably expose you to some music you didn’t already know about! (This YouTube account!)
5. Mark McKinnon on Politics of Truth. Bob Crawford of The Avett Brothers hosts this new podcast that’s about politics and music. Mark talks about meeting Kris Kristofferson as a teenager and moving to Nashville to work with him, as well as his experience in the Bush administration and beyond.
Okay friends, thanks for tuning in. We’ll be back first thing Monday morning to tell you about the new stuff coming from Osiris and beyond. Keep us posted on what you think of this format, and enjoy the weekend. Until then…