The Drop Daily with RJ Bee
5 Things You Need To Know for Thursday, April 16th:
1. 5pm ET—Art with Zart. Okay, so, if you have kids, I know you’re feeling what I’m feeling right now, which is that you need some entertainment for them, particularly toward the end of the day. That’s why I want to tell you again about Art with Zart, with our talented friend Sarah Zeffiro. Every day from 5-6pm ET she does a kid-focused art lesson on Instagram Live. https://www.instagram.com/zeffiroart/
2. 8pm ET—Tedeschi Trucks SweetWater 420 Fest 2018 Replay. Swamp Family TV is a Thursday night concert series where the group airs a different full pro-shot concert, free to all viewers and includes a link to donate to a worthy charity. https://www.facebook.com/DerekAndSusan/
3. HF Pod Goes to Europe Summer ’96. This week we look back at a tour that’s somewhat overlooked, but still deserves some attention, and we do a deep dive on one show, 7/23/96. https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/helping-friendly-podcast/helping-friendly-podcast-episode-173-hamburg-96/
4. The Early Days of Umphrey’s McGee. This week’s episode of Inside Out wTnS features a chat with co-host Rob Turner and Ryan Stasik about the early days of Umphrey’s McGee. They discuss pre-Umphrey’s bands, how material evolved, line-up changes, specific shows and many other elements of those early days. https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/inside-out-with-turner-and-seth/inside-out-with-turner-and-seth-ryan-stasik-with-kevin-cassels-joining-for-an-oldschool-umph-chat/
5. 36 From the Vault Goes to London. In Episode 8 Rob and Steve explore Dick’s Picks Vol. 7, from the Alexandra Palace in London, from September 1974. We’re going deep into the Wall of Sound Era, this is a bit of a lost tour just before their extended hiatus. This is a Phil-heavy episode and show, and lots of beautiful music. And also great conversation about this era of the Dead. https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/36-from-the-vault/36-from-the-vault-dicks-picks-vol-7-09-09-11-74-london-eng/
Thanks for tuning in, we’ll see you again tomorrow.