Osiris is the leading music storyteller—informing and delighting passionate music fans by connecting them with great stories and the artists they love. Our 40+ podcasts, which achieve 250,000 downloads per month, include Artist Spotlight shows with leading musicians, Original podcasts that tell compelling stories in music, and Community podcasts, which cover a variety of music and cultural topics.
About the position
We are creating podcasts that tell compelling stories in music and feature prominent musicians. We’re looking for a multitalented professional who’s willing to help with all aspects of producing a podcast—from creative development, research and writing to creating work plans and booking interviews, to making sure our podcasts sound amazing.
- Work with the Osiris team to produce scripted and unscripted podcasts starting with the creation and management of the production schedule and plan
- Lead or help lead creative brainstorming, writing and researching on select shows
- Help with post-production on select shows including gathering recordings, assembly, mixing and delivery
- Communicate with other team members, including audio engineers and the marketing and sales teams
- Oversee editorial and technical quality of select shows
- Identify metrics for success on select shows and evaluate on a regular basis
- 3-5 years professional audio production experience
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, and a track record of turning around audio on a tight deadline
- Ability to script and edit narratives
- Comfort coaching a guest through an interview
- Proficiency in audio mixing
- Proficiency with studio and field recording equipment and hardware
- Knowledge of sound recording and ability to troubleshoot in studio and field environments
- Creativity to make the most of limited resources
- Eagerness to take direction and grow in the position
- Efficiency and grace under tight deadlines
Osiris Media is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.