While many Phish fans in the early 90s discovered Phish by way of message boards and tape trades, the band solidified their status as one of the most important bands of the era through their unpredictable and thrilling live shows—and when you just had to hear, or see, the tour to understand the full story.
In this episode, we hear about adventures on tour, and explore why “going on tour” is an essential element of the Phish community. We hear stories from fans like Drew Hitz, Chris Glushko, Gina Schmidt, and Laura Keating, while also exploring the nature of Phish criticism from fans like Dave Calarco, Steven Hyden and Rob Mitchum.
Undermine is brought to you by Osiris Media, the leading music storyteller. Executive Producers are Tom Marshall, RJ Bee, Brian Brinkman and Matt Dwyer. Written by Benjy Eisen. Produced and Edited by Brian Brinkman. Mixed and Mastered by Matt Dwyer. Produced by David Goldstein, Jonathan Hart, Brad TenBrook and Dawn Jenkins. Production assistance and writing by Noah Eckstein. Original music by Amar Sastry. Show art by Mark Dowd. Thank you to all of our interviewees. We’ll see you next week!
Thanks to our partners:
- Undermine is sponsored by Upslope Brewing Company.
- Check out Sunset Lake CBD and use Undermine for 20% off your purchase.
- Visit Green Future Wealth and use Undermine to schedule a free consultation.
- Get new Phish Food Non-Dairy delivered right to your couch.
- Discover Garcia Hand Picked cannabis!
- Find out how Upstart can lower your monthly payments today.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.