- Alan Berry
A never before published interview with Sammy Hagar from 1991.
In this episode, we have the Red Rocker himself, Sammy Hagar. At the time of this interview in 1991, Hagar was 44 years old and was promoting Van Halen’s upcoming concert at Deer Creek Music Center. In the interview, Hagar talks about his experience with UFOs, the secret to Van Halen, his father’s death, and his advice for Axl Rose.
In the interview, Hagar talks about:
- His advice for Axl Rose
- What he expects for Van Halen’s latest record
- Why Van Halen fans trust them
- The secret to Van Halen
- The meaning behind the songs “Man on a Mission” and “Poundcake”
- The dream that’s over
- The guy who’s trying to build a house on the beach
- What an artist’s job is
- When he thinks Van Halen fans accepted him
- His prediction for when and if David Lee Roth would reunite with Van Halen
- His belief in UFOs
- His experience being abducted by a UFO
- Why he’s adamant that each man should take care of themselves but everyone needs compassion
- His father’s death
- What fans can expect at the Van Halen concert
- His Red Rocker clothing line
- The secret song they will be playing in concert
- Why they don’t play “Everybody Wants Some”
- If music is better or worse today
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.