- RJ Bee
We have a bunch of new podcast episodes for you today, so let’s get into it! Also, don’t forget to check out some of our brand new, amazing merch!
- Ivan Neville on Eric Krasno Plus One. Cool episode from Eric, talking with his friend Ivan Neville, of Dumpstaphunk, The Neville Brothers, The Rolling Stones and many others. And I want to remind you that Ivan is one of many interviewees featured on Festival Circuit: New Orleans. Episode 2 will be out this Thursday.
- Dani Markham on Past, Present, Future, Live! I got to talk to Dani for the show, and it was really fun. If you’re not familiar with her, Dani is a percussionist who has played with Tune-Yards, Childish Gambino and many others. She also includes a few exclusive, new tracks that she created with Sarah Neufeld, of Arcade Fire. Stick around to hear one of their songs together.
- 36 From the Vault Season 2 Premiere. Rob and Steven are back with season 2, starting with this episode that focuses on Dick’s Picks 10, from The Winterland in San Francisco, on 12/29-30, 1977. These shows are a huge party at The Winterland, wrapping up one of their best years ever. Along with the show itself, Steven and Rob focus on the aura of The Winterland, the impact of 1977 on their sound, the transition to the 1980s, the impact of bustouts on The Dead’s shows, and the greatness of Linda Ronstadt.
- Don Hart on Under the Scales. This marks the NEW Under the Scales—twice a month, new production, and more. And the first guest is Don Hart, a Nashville composer and arranger who has been working with Trey since 2004 to add beautiful orchestration to so many of his songs. Don discusses working with Trey, and their technique, and illuminates the details behind many of their collaborations in a very musical episode. And please remember to check out Under the Scales Premium, and become a Reefer, like me.
- Dave Schools on No Simple Road. This one has been out for a few days, but worth a listen for sure. Dave talks to the crew about Col. Bruce, growing up in the South, Widespread Panic, how he’s adjusting in these times, and more.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.