- RJ Bee
Thank you for joining! Hope you enjoy.
- Brent Rademaker of Beachwood Sparks on No Simple Road. The crew has a special guest this week, Brent Rademaker from Beachwood Sparks and Gospel Beach. He also heads up his own record label, Curation Records. They talk about his history with Neal Casal, why he decided it was time to start his own thing with his own label, betting it all on Pacific Range, his own Grateful Dead history, and so much more.
- New Album from Escaper. We got the heads up about a new album from the Brooklyn-based band. They will release the album on June 19, 2020, and there’s a single available now, Open Sky. Really spacey and groovy stuff. Check out the single now!
- 2:30pm ET—DelFest Stream. If you’re missing DelFest, like we absolutely are, then you might want to tune into this replay of shows. Starting at 2:30pm you can see Yonder Mountain String Band from 2019, at 6:00pm you can see Del McCoury Band from 2019, at 8:00pm is Marcus King Band from 2019, and then 10:00pm Railroad Earth from 2019 late night. I have tried not to think about DelFest, because it’s just too sad to not be there. But this will be healing, I think.
- 8:00pm ET—Grateful Dead from 4/21/72. Now this is awesome. This week’s Shakedown Stream is from the Europe ’72 run, this was recorded live in a TV studio called “Beat Club” on 4/21/72. The best Dead, really. The preshow will feature David Lemieux, Gary Lambert, and Sam Cutler, who was the tour manager during the Europe ’72 run.
- Interview with Melanie Dewey of MELD. We’re going to bring you an interview with the artist Melanie Dewey, who has a band called MELD. She also plays us a song live from her upcoming album at the end!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.