- RJ Bee
Hey everyone, thanks for tuning in. 5 things you need to know…
- The Disco Biscuits’ Jon Barber on Helping Friendly Podcast. This week we are joined by a special guest, Jon Barber of the Touchdowns All Day with Jon Barber podcast. Jon tells us about the early influence of Phish on The Disco Biscuits and some of his own experiences seeing Phish, including at Arrowhead Ranch. We also listen to both Phish and Disco Biscuits jams and Jon helps us break down what the bands are doing in the moment.
- Quarantrain’s Jesse Lauter on Inside Out wTnS. For the latest episode, Rob and Seth sit down with the multi-talented “Uncle” Jesse Lauter, and first they speak about the wonderful QuaranTrain, his work with The Tedeschi Trucks Band and his other production work, and how he got started in the music business.
- 9am ET—Radiohead at Summer Sonic 2016 Replay. For some morning streaming, check out Radiohead’s set from Summer Sonic 2016. This Japanese festival is an annual two-day event held at the same time in Osaka and Tokyo. Lots of Japanese bands as well as international acts.
- 8pm ET—Prince and The Revolution Live from 1985. This show comes from the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY on 3/30/85. So this show is the the Purple Rain Tour, and was the first live concert footage that Prince officially released as both a television broadcast and home video. This show will be available for 3 days only. Any viewer donations to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization will include a matching component from Google (Google.org will match $2 for every $1 up to $5M).
- 10pm ET—Scott and Seth Avett Livestream. On the Atlanta Braves Facebook page, Scott and Seth will play a 45-minute set, which is free for you to watch. If you’re curious what’s going on with The Avett Brothers, I can tell you that they’re working on new material. That’s detailed in a conversation I had with Bob Crawford and Chris Pandolfi of The Infamous Stringdusters about the state of the music industry during coronavirus, which was part of Podapalooza.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.