- RJ Bee
It’s Saturday! You know, Saturday is very different. We are going to tell you about a few things we think you should know about with all of the music streams, artist projects and more that are out there. We have a lot of original Osiris stuff coming soon, which we’ll tell you about. Let’s dive in.
- Jon Cleary “Quarantini Happy Hour.” What a nice way to kick off a Saturday afternoon. If you’ve never seen Jon Cleary, you should check him out. He’s a classic New Orleans pianist, been around and played with almost everyone. This is a piano lesson and musical event.
- Uncle Jesse’s dance party. This is going to be a blast. From 4-7pm ET, you’ll be invited to listen to our good friend Jesse Lauter DJ and put on a virtual dance party via Zoom. You can check the Osiris Twitter this morning for an announcement and invite link. Do you want to get down with hundreds of your friends? You should do that.
- Papa Mali music and storytime. Back to New Orleans for the evening, 8pm ET, the guitarist will be playing songs, taking requests, telling stories and “hopefully, providing a welcome distraction, maybe even a brief sense of normalcy,” donations can be made via the stream. Presented by The Maple Leaf Bar.
- Beyond the Pond Sunday Morning Deep Dive. At 11am Sunday, Brian and Dave will be doing a live video deep dive on 7/17/98 set 2. Plus some essential Sunday albums. Get some coffee and hang with Brian and Dave as they explore a Phish show and probably expose you to some music you didn’t already know about!
- Mark McKinnon on Politics of Truth. Bob Crawford of The Avett Brothers hosts this new podcast that’s about politics and music. I found this episode really cool and refreshing because it doesn’t have any of the divisiveness of current politics. Mark talks about meeting Kris Kristofferson as a teenager and moving to Nashville to work with him, as well as his experience in the Bush administration and beyond
We’ll be back first thing Monday morning to tell you about the new stuff coming from Osiris and beyond. Keep us posted on what you think of this format, and enjoy the weekend. Until then…
For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy