We are super excited this week to have visual artist Andrew Sax (@somesaxyart) as our guest in the No Simple Road Studio!
Andrew has worked hard over the last few years creating some of the most compelling visual art for some of the biggest names in the scene. Bands like the trey Anastasio Band, Goose, Dogs In A Pile, and Spafford have all trusted Andrew to bring their music’s vibe and feel to life through his art! Hailing from Philly, Andrew has grown up in the music scene and has a passion for cool stuff for even cooler people.
We talk with Andrew about:
- How a Pigeons Playing Ping Pong/Dogs In A Pile Show helped him break in to the art scene.
- How seeing music with his Pop became an avenue for bonding.
- How he went from incessant doodler to poster artist for the biggest names in the jam scene.
- Overcoming the negative programming from childhood.
- The honor of becoming part of the zeitgeist of the music he loves so much.
- The experience of finding his ow, personal, connection to the music through a not so typical path.
- Walking the razor’s edge with psychedelics at a young age and what come from taking chances.
… and so much more!
-For THE BEST MUSHROOM CHOCOLATES EVER go over to @MELTMUSHROOMS ON INSTAGRAM and shoot them a DM for a menu of all the amazing flavors of MUSHROOM CHOCOLATE BARS and MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM NSR SENT YOU FOR $20 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
-FREE SHIPPING from Shop Tour Bus Use The PROMO CODE: nosimpleroad
-Make Sure to visit our friends at Fire On The Mountain for some amazing food at one of the 3 location in the Portland area or one of the 2 location in the Denver area!
-CHECK OUT www.venuellama.com TO RATE YOUR FAVORITE VENUES AND GET HELPFUL INTEL ON VENUES YOU’VE NOT YET BEEN TO!
INTRO MUSIC PROVIDED BY – Will Hanza of Escaper
MUSIC IN THE COMMERCIALS BY AND USED WITH PERMISSION OF:
OUTRO MUSIC BY AND USED WITH PERMISSION OF:
No Simple Road is part of OSIRIS MEDIA. Osiris Media is the leading storyteller in music, combining the intimacy of podcasts with the power of music.
We inform and delight music fans by creating shows with leading artists, telling untold stories, and working with brands to craft compelling narratives that bring music to life.