- Listen On:
We are so stoked to have Portland’s own, Sean McLean as our guest on No Simple Road this week! Sean has been playing in World’s Finest since 2011 and has been all over the music scene sitting in with every band imaginable like Leftover Salmon, Umphrey’s McGee, and Lespecial just to name a few. His prowess on both the guitar and Alto Sax are unmatched and his new band Sean McLean and The Vibetenders is set to take the scene by storm this Fall!
We sit down in the studio this week with Sean to talk about:
- Prepping hiimself to sit-in with so many different bands.
- Forging relationships across the musical universe.
- The changing landscape of World’s Finest and how he ended up playing in the band.
- What made him ultimately fall in love with the Sax and guitar.
- Landing in the PNW from Chicago.
- His take on the uniqueness of the Portland music scene.
- Those moments when music becomes much more than ‘notes’.
- What it is like for him when The Muse decides to pay a visit.
- How mistakes can ultimately become opportunities for variety.
… and so much more!
-For THE BEST MUSHROOM CHOCOLATES EVER go over to @MELTMUSHROOMS ON INSTAGRAM and shoot them a DM for a menu of all the amazing flavors of MUSHROOM CHOCOLATE BARS and MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM NSR SENT YOU FOR $20 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
-FREE SHIPPING from Shop Tour Bus Use The PROMO CODE: nosimpleroad
-Make Sure to visit our friends at Fire On The Mountain for some amazing food at one of the 3 location in the Portland area or one of the 2 location in the Denver area!
-CHECK OUT www.venuellama.com TO RATE YOUR FAVORITE VENUES AND GET HELPFUL INTEL ON VENUES YOU’VE NOT YET BEEN TO!
INTRO MUSIC PROVIDED BY – Will Hanza of Escaper
MUSIC IN THE COMMERCIALS BY AND USED WITH PERMISSION OF:
OUTRO MUSIC BY AND USED WITH PERMISSION OF:
No Simple Road is part of OSIRIS MEDIA. Osiris Media is the leading storyteller in music, combining the intimacy of podcasts with the power of music.
We inform and delight music fans by creating shows with leading artists, telling untold stories, and working with brands to craft compelling narratives that bring music to life.