We are extremely excited to have Lucas Sacks, Director of Booking of The Brooklyn Bowl, joining us as our guest on No Simple Road this week!
Lucas is a live events industry professional with over 10 years experience. Beginning as an intern at the Bowl in 2012, Lucas now books and oversees multi-departmental coordination of upwards of 700 concerts & music-related events per year for a space ranked annually with Pollstar’s top 10 global club-sized venues.
We had a blast talking with Lucas about:
- The way he got his start in the industry.
- Learning how to make bands offers they can’t refuse.
- Blurring the lines between ‘work’ and ‘life’ in order to stay plugged in.
- Navigating the 2020 shutdown while working at a venue like the Brooklyn Bowl.
- How they figure out where to put new Bowls.
- Ways he goes about staying excited about his career in the industry.
- What it feels like to actually be working his dream job.
- What it has been like for him to have such an incredible mentor in Peter Shapiro.
… and a whole lot more!
-For THE BEST MUSHROOM CHOCOLATES EVER go over to @MELTMUSHROOMS ON INSTAGRAM and shoot them a DM for a menu of all the amazing flavors of MUSHROOM CHOCOLATE BARS and MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM NSR SENT YOU FOR $20 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
-FREE SHIPPING from Shop Tour Bus Use The PROMO CODE: nosimpleroad
-Make Sure to visit our friends at Fire On The Mountain for some amazing food at one of the 3 location in the Portland area or one of the 2 location in the Denver area!
-CHECK OUT www.venuellama.com TO RATE YOUR FAVORITE VENUES AND GET HELPFUL INTEL ON VENUES YOU’VE NOT YET BEEN TO!
INTRO MUSIC PROVIDED BY – Will Hanza of Escaper
MUSIC IN THE COMMERCIALS BY AND USED WITH PERMISSION OF:
OUTRO MUSIC BY AND USED WITH PERMISSION OF:
No Simple Road is part of OSIRIS MEDIA. Osiris Media is the leading storyteller in music, combining the intimacy of podcasts with the power of music.
We inform and delight music fans by creating shows with leading artists, telling untold stories, and working with brands to craft compelling narratives that bring music to life.